Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The baby eats the brain (and parentheticals)

I have a baby asleep on my butt. 

Okay, he's not a baby any more, he's 3 and 1/2!  I can't believe how quickly they grow.  I am sitting on the couch sideways so I can type on the laptop.  O crawled up next to me and put his head on my hip and within two minutes he was snoring.

Why do you always get sick when you have vacation scheduled already?  The hubs and I jave vacay scheduled for Thur & Fri.  Thur the kids are going to school and I have a hair & nail appointment.  (Very much needed; I am looking seriously WT.)  Fri we are having a family day and hitting up the zoo.  (I am looking forward to zoo food; it is quite disgusting and greasy and over processed...and sure deliciousness!  Plus they have the best lemonade...yummy....)

This morning I woke up with sinus pressure, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, ear pressure...ugh.  Ten minutes later the hubs woke up with the exact same symptoms.  Oklahoma wind sucks y'all.  (Or does it blow?  Oh, I'm so clever!)

I know we can make it through work tomorrow but we may end up sucking it up on our vacay days instead of days of fun spent outside.  *sigh*

I haven't been a very good blogger later, and I apologize to y'all.  By the time I'm off work, feed the kids (maybe I cook, maybe I don't...I did cook last night - homemade stir fry...but I digress), bathed the kids, read to the kids, played 8,000 rounds of ring around the rosie, read all my juicy celeb gossip online, read about 3,000  facebook updates (okay, I admit I love those updates), read some of my book (The Girl Who Played w/ Fire - the sequel to The Girl w/ The Dragon Tattoo), watched some AI or Castle... well my brain is mush. 

(I think of blog topics and ever write somewhat witty clever things in my head...but by the time I can write it is gone...seriously the baby eats the brain from the time you get knocked up until you die...)

How do y'all do it??????


But here is a pic for you; the hubs in his early fathers day/anniversary present:


3 comments:

Amy xxoo said...

The mental image of your bubba curled up on you like that is too cute.
Also, if thats a recliner chair,could you please buy one and send it to me?

Unknown said...

Don't worry...I've been a bad blogger lately too. Sometimes I get anxiety when I let it go for so long, thinking I am letting people down. Then I realize that I only have 19 followers and probably shouldn't be putting so much pressure on myself. ;)

That looks like one COMFY chair! Hope you guys enjoy your time off--try some Sudafed and get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. :)

Erin said...

It is a recliner chair! It is awesome. I'll be sure to send y'all one ;) Today we are on allergy meds and doing better; looking forward to the time off. TB, I have missed your posts, so I won't say you let me down, but I will say I always love when you post!