So, y'all may now, I'm a bit unawares of blogger etiquette... (I think it was like my second post...found, um...here).
But I do know this... I love winning blog awards!
So, Stephani, at Writing Fuels My Soul gave me the Honest Scrap Award! Woot!
So, here are the rules...As part of receiving this wonderful Blog Award you are required to list 10 random things about yourself and then pass along this award to your 10 favorite bloggers.
1. My fantasy job: soap opera actress and soap opera writer. I adore Days of Our Lives.... and though I'm not hooked on any other soap, I can usually keep up w/ The Bold & The Beautiful, All My Children and One Life to Live via commercials. I become emotionally invested in the DOOL and when talking to other DOOL fans I refer to charecters like real people...ie "That Chloe is such a whore. She was married to Lucas and cheated w/ Daniel. Now she's engaged to Daniel and cheating w/ Phillip. Who is married to Melanie, who is Daniel's daughter. So basically she's sleeping with her step-son-in-law. Who used to be her boyf and then her uncle in law and then her brother in law. Gross." But what I really love about soaps? Is when something that is actually plausible is going on in someone's life (say a rough time at work) something HUGE happens and makes everyone feel sorry for you. IE "I know you really suck ass at your job, but my God! You just fainted and when rushed to the hospital it was revealed you have a rare genetic disorder. So, it's not your fault you suck at work!" That could come in handy is real life every now and again.
2. I'm verbose. See Random fact 1.
3. I got a text tonight "hey" from a number I didn't recognize. I texted back "hey..." Reply was "is this Nakoma." Me: "nope, wrong number." Not expecting a reply...but I got this "haha aiiight." WTF? Is there text etiquette I'm not aware of? To text a response back to a wrong text number? Not even an apology... bizzarre-o.
4. I'm secretly jealous of the hubs iphone. But I begged for a blackberry and I got one (about 18 mo ago) and so I don't think I can possibly ask for an iphone for Mothers Day or our anny or my bday (all rapidly approaching...) But if you talk to the hubs, you can drop a hint :)
5. I think my husband has some awesome friends. He has two really close friends that he has known for about 15 years and basically transitioned into adulthood with and really "grew up" with. (Did I just end a sentence w/ a preposition? Oops.) But he has a really healthy relationship w/ these guys and I never worry when he is out w/ them (I don't really worry much about the hubs in general, though) and I like their wives and kids. I think its good he has someone to hang w/ and go to college football games and nba games and with and retain his own identity.
6. I basically grew up in libraries. Love a librarian today.
7. Despite the above I still totally regard In Touch weekly as something of literary merit.
8. My fave people in the world? My mom. My dad. My sister. (Okay, obviously the hubs & the kids). But my dad is funny and smart and is sorta quiet and sometimes his humor or his amazing insight just sneak up on you. Sometimes my dad will take 45 min to tell a story and then you go home and two days later he calls you and picks up the story and 30 minutes in you're think "wtf, dad?" and then he floors you with something amazing. My mom is the most practical person I know and someday I will write a memoir about her canning blackberries handpicked by me (as a 7 yr old)...not beacuse it was a fun thing or a hip thing or green thing...because it was free and practical. My mom somehow went from being my mom and her whole identity being a mom to being a multifaceted, complex person and my friend in the past ten years... she is amazing. My sister who knows every inside joke ("new socks are the shit" "I'm from the Lou and I'm proud") and every drama and every tragedy and every joy... plus she likes to eat vietenemese sandwhiches with me. Love y'all.
9. I love new-grass music (like bluegrass but w/ hipper). Trust me, I'm not cool enough to like this music. But I do. (Splitlip Rayfield, The Dewayne Bros, The Asylum Street Spankers, Elexa Dawson, Kasey Rausch etc...) This being said, I also like rap, pop, country and most top 40 autotune crap. So, there really is no accounting for taste :)
10. I believe the words of that country song "God blessed the broken road..." Because I'm pretty darn content with my hubs, my kids, my job, my house, my basically everything... is it perfect? No. But I am content? yes. Has it been a journey to get here? yes. But worth it all.
Okay, enough of the cheese.
Now to pass the award on. And I promise your ten random facts need not be as verbose as mine.
1. Amy at New Adventures in Dreamland
2. Rainy at A Rainy day...
3. Tb at Year 31
4. Debby at Me a homeschooler?
5. Lily Ruths Mama at Diapers, Dogs & Cooking in Heels
6. Jordan at Now If you'll just turn your Kaliedoscope
7. Living Shallow, Living Well at, well, Living Shallow, Living Well
8. Dianne at My First Blog
9. Erin at Clark Family Adventures
10. Melissa at Think On It
Oh and my feelings totally would not be hurt if you didn't do this.