Monday, June 14, 2010

The Great Flood of '10

When it rains, it pours...

That is my office building in the background and those are co-workers cars flooded.  This photo was taken a few hours after the left their cars (at the time water up to the doors).  But that is how crazy the flooding was today.

And yes, I did not have an umbrella today.  And yes when I walked into the office I looked like I'd just won a wet tshirt contest.  I was OBSCENE.  I'm surprised I wasn't sent home.  (Uh, yeah, I did go to work.  I should buy a t-shirt: I survived the flood of '010.  Yes, oh-ten.)

I mean, where is Nic Cage when you need him?  Isn't he suppose to save us from imminent destruction from natural disaster?

A few other photos from today's crazy weather in the 405 (yes, I went there, I referred to my town by the area code):

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were you out driving in this? Is that how you got these pictures? How are those cars driving??? Are there people in all of them? I don't get it! Why why why??? Stay home or move to higher ground, woman!

I'm glad you are not in such peril that you aren't able to blog about it--I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Erin said...

No, I cannot take the photo credit; they were sent to me in an email, so I have no clue who took them. Basically, when people left at 6 am or 7 am, it wasn't too bad; around 9 am people's cars started to stall out in water up to the doors; these photos were taken a few hours later after people abandoned them. I did go into work, I just had to take a different route.